Pre School Storytime
The Pre School Storytime Hour at Ludden Memorial Library, in Dixfield has stopped meeting for the summer. We will start back up September 09/2013....the hours will be 10:30-11:30. Have a wonderful summer. See you in the Fall!!
Ludden Memorial Library has decided to adopt an Army Unit in Afghanistan. There will be a display at the Library, and pictures of the troop that we have decided to collect for. Some of the most commonly requested items items are: BEEF JERKY / SLIM JIMS POWDER DRINK MIX (Gatorade, Kool-Aid, Crystal Light) SUNFLOWER SEEDS & PUMPKIN SEEDS TUNA & CHICKEN SALAD (in foil pouches, or ready-to-eat kits (no cans) PROTEIN POWDER & PROTEIN BARS Lip Balm Eye Drops Q-Tips Baby Wipes A full list of items will be posted in our display at Ludden Library. Any monies collected will help to pay for the shipping. Please support our soldiers and visit Ludden Library and donate to a wonderful cause. Thank you for putting this in your newspaper.....it is greatly appreciated.....any questions, please call 562-8838.
Library cards are available free to residents of Dixfield,
Canton, and Carthage. Peru residents may purchase a library card to use the library. The price of a library card for non-residents is $25.00 per adult and $10.00 for students and seniors over the age of 55.
• There are eight public access computers available.
Two were received as a grant from Bill and Melinda Gates
loans open to our patrons the collections of thousands
• Reference services are provided by the staff
on a time-available basis. We have a good collection
of local material for
genealogical or historical research and we welcome questions
• Search for titles via the Minerva Online Catalog.
• We are also a member of the Maine Infonet Download Library. If you have a Ludden Memorial Library card, you can visit this site and explore the growing collection of downloadable Audiobooks and eBooks! Use your library card barcode to download titles to your personal computer, transfer them to portable device, or burn selected Audiobooks onto a CD for listening on the go.
Online Universities and Colleges in Maine
This resource is a compilation of every online college program offered in Maine that is offered full and part time. I’ve checked through it and I think it would be very useful for anyone contemplating higher education. Click here.
• Summer Reading Program in
June and July open to all.
• Pre-school story time open to all preschoolers in our service area.
This program runs during the school year.
• We also have an adult reading group that meets every first Wednesday of each month.
• Our collection includes
current and classic fiction for children and adults, non-fiction with
an eye toward local readers, documentary and classic film videos, books
on cassette, and an assortment of current periodicals.
• We also have a collections of DVDs and books on CD.
Click below to view our new arrivals:
PRE-SCHOOLERS HELP LOCAL ANIMAL ADOPTION AGENCY
The children of Ludden Memorial Library’s Story Time collected items for Marsha Mckenna’s Kennel. Catherine Leonard is the Story Time coordinator. The children in the picture are: Shaylee, Mitchell, Molly, Allie, Brianna, Emma, and in the back row is Micah, & Georgia.
ONE FISH, TWO FISH...
Ashley Hussey of Dixfield was the winner of the Dr. Seuss “One Fish Two Fish...” contest. She had the closest guess to the number of fish in the goldfish bowl. There were 940 fish in the bowl.